- What you wonder about Urban Transformation
- Can Every Building Be Retrofitted?
- Which buildings fall under the scope of urban transformation?
- How is risky building detection carried out?
- What is the building co-decision protocol?
- How to benefit from urban transformation?
- How can you tell if the building is damaged?
- How to make an earthquake resistant building?
- Will my house withstand an earthquake?
- Earthquake Analysis - Earthquake Report
How can you tell if the building is damaged?
The news of the earthquake resistance of the house is being investigated at the last minute. After the 5.8-magnitude earthquake in Istanbul, the citizens of Istanbul spent the night on the streets. While the Istanbul Earthquake caused great fear, citizens began to investigate whether the buildings were damaged. So, how to identify the damaged building? How to identify risky building? Is my house okay? How is a building earthquake risk analysis done? The answers to the questions began to be sought.
After the 5.8-magnitude earthquake in Istanbul, the citizens of Istanbul spent the night on the streets. While the Istanbul Earthquake caused great fear, citizens began to investigate whether the buildings were damaged. So, how to identify the damaged building? How to identify risky building? Is my house okay? The answers to their questions began to be sought.
Urban Transformation Specialist Hakan Çatalkaya stated that citizens can make a preliminary determination as to whether their buildings are sound or not. Çatalkaya listed 7 items showing that the building could be risky. According to Hürriyet's news, if one of these items applies to you, you need to have your building earthquake tested and get your earthquake resistance reports. At this point, it is necessary to consider the following distinction; Earthquake resistance report and risk assessment are quite different from each other. According to the information given by Çatalkaya, if the building is risky after the risk assessment, an irreversible road is entered. Because at this stage, the district municipality steps in and the building is demolished within 60 days after notifications are sent to the citizens. Therefore, Çatalkaya draws attention to the fact that the first step should be an informative endurance report.
How to identify risk in the building?
Stating that both reports were prepared by civil engineers, Çatalkaya said, “The informative durability report is prepared by engineering companies, and the risk assessment report required for transformation is prepared by ministry-approved institutions. Experts both take and examine core samples in the building and evaluate the floor structure. Accordingly, a report emerges. In an apartment with 10 flats, it is possible to get this report with an average of 300-400 liras per flat. According to this report, if the building turns out to be risky, the flat owners can agree among themselves and initiate the urban transformation process. But if it detects a risky building directly, there is no chance to prepare for the transformation."
Çatalkaya added that according to the forthcoming report, there will be options for strengthening or demolishing and rebuilding the buildings, and in both cases, citizens can get loan or rent assistance from the ministry.
How to identify risky building?
- If the building was built before 1999
- If the building was built without a project and without a license
- If ready-mixed concrete is not used in the construction
- If the core concrete strength previously taken from the building is below C10
- If there are cracks in the columns and beams of the building
- If there is moisture in the basement, corrosion on the column bars, shells on the concrete or similar
- If the building is in a creek bed or embankment, it may be risky.