- What you wonder about Urban Transformation
- Can Every Building Be Retrofitted?
- Which buildings fall under the scope of urban transformation?
- How is risky building detection carried out?
- What is the building co-decision protocol?
- How to benefit from urban transformation?
- How can you tell if the building is damaged?
- How to make an earthquake resistant building?
- Will my house withstand an earthquake?
- Earthquake Analysis - Earthquake Report
What you wonder about Urban Transformation
What is Urban Transformation?
Turkey, located in the earthquake zone, suffered serious loss of life and property in previous earthquakes due to unstable buildings that did not comply with the regulations.
Urban Transformation means the reconstruction of buildings in accordance with current regulations or the strengthening of existing structures, thus making the buildings earthquake resistant and restoring the urban fabric with new buildings.
How to apply for Urban Transformation?
Law No. 6306 on Renewal of Buildings with Disaster Risk, which entered into force on 31.05.2012, also known as the Urban Transformation Law, offers the opportunity to rebuild old buildings that are not resistant to earthquakes in accordance with the zoning conditions of the municipality to which it is affiliated. For this, any flat owner living in the building should call EKECMC and request information.
What is required for Urban Transformation Building Renovation?
In order to renovate the building with Urban Transformation, an Earthquake Risk Report must be obtained first. After this report, the beneficiaries of the buildings can construct their earthquake-safe new buildings with the company of their choice within the scope of urban transformation credit, tax and fee exemptions.
In which cities will Urban Transformation take place?
Urban Transformation covers all provinces and districts in Turkey.
How can it be understood that the building is at risk against earthquakes?
Generally, if ready-mixed concrete was not used in the construction of old buildings, if the concrete strength is below the C10 value in the results of the core sample, if waterproofing was not applied on the lower floors, if any beam-column renovation was made with the shop or apartment renovation at the entrance of the building, if cracks occurred in the beams or columns, the building is in a risky condition. can be said to be.
How is the building demolished within the scope of Urban Transformation?
After the risky area and risky building are determined, demolition processes are carried out only depending on the building and debris cost. Accordingly, the contractor agreed within the scope of Urban Transformation takes the necessary permits and carries out the demolition process.
What can those who do not want their building to be demolished within the scope of Urban Transformation?
Expropriation will be carried out in the zoning areas determined for Urban Transformation. Conflicts that may arise here, too, will be conducted and concluded only in relation to the cost of risky area and risky building determinations and demolition works and transactions, and only to the cost of buildings and debris. According to the situation, the relevant provisions of the Turkish Penal Code No. 5237 will be implemented.
Can an extra floor be added to the existing building within the scope of Urban Transformation?
Within the scope of Urban Transformation, options such as adding an extra floor to the existing building or getting extra zoning vary according to the zoning conditions of the municipality to which the building is connected. But since the main purpose of Urban Transformation is to strengthen the existing structures as earthquake resistant, this should not be the ultimate goal.
How to get an Earthquake Risk Report?
For the Earthquake Risk Report, it is sufficient for any person related to the existing building to reach EKECMC. There is no need for all building occupants to take a joint decision for this. In line with the request, EKECMC teams will come to the building and make analyzes and examinations, and accordingly prepare an Earthquake Risk Report and submit it to the ministry for the building. The Ministry notifies everyone residing in the building with information about the work to be done for their building and the results related to them.
How does the process work after the notification of the Ministry?
After the notification of the Ministry, the residents / floor owners decide on the path they will follow within the scope of Urban Transformation within 60 days at the latest after receiving this notification. The way and how the building will be subject to urban transformation is determined by the Building Joint Decision Protocol. 2/3 majority is required when determining the building common protocol.
What happens if a 2/3 majority is not formed in the building for Urban Transformation?
If the building floor owners cannot provide the majority for Urban Transformation, the Ministry or TOKİ can make an emergency expropriation.
If an agreement cannot be reached with at least two-thirds majority within thirty days following the notification made to the owners of the land on which the building/structure above has been demolished, the Ministry, TOKİ or the Administration may resort to immediate expropriation for the immovables owned by real persons or private law legal entities.
How long does Urban Transformation take?
If the building is to be demolished within the scope of urban transformation, the demolition and reconstruction process of the building, including the project studies and technical procedures, may take an average of 1.5 years. During this period, you can benefit from the rental assistance and stay on the lease temporarily until the building is built. The strengthening work to be carried out without demolition of the building, on the other hand, takes between 4-6 months on average.
What are the advantages of Urban Transformation? What does Urban Transformation provide?
Owners of buildings and flats can benefit from state-subsidized urban transformation loan and urban transformation rent assistance incentives for building construction. On the other hand, when tenants want to buy a new flat, they can get a state-sponsored urban transformation loan and moving money. There is also an exemption for all notary fees, municipality and title deed expenses for the new building. In addition to all these, you can increase the value of your existing real estate up to 3 times with the renewal you will make within the scope of urban transformation. Buildings with a lifespan of more than 20 years depreciate by 0.3% each year, according to research.
Is it necessary to demolish the building within the scope of Urban Transformation?
No. If the building receives less floor zoning when it is newly built according to the municipal zoning to which it is affiliated, and if the risky construction situation can be eliminated with the strengthening work, the existing building can be strengthened and renovated and building strengthening work can be carried out.
How can we understand that reinforcement is required in the building?
It is decided whether building reinforcement works are necessary for the buildings, whether the building is risky or not, in line with the laboratory studies to be done and the reports of the civil engineers who will interpret them statically, this is called the BUILDING STRENGTH REPORT.
How to take credit for urban transformation?
For buildings that have received an Earthquake Risk Report, the urban transformation loan can go up to 3,000,000 TL per flat. In addition, tenants who have been living in the building within the scope of urban transformation for at least 1 year and who document that they are tenants can benefit from the urban transformation loan when purchasing a house from another location.
How to get Urban Transformation rental assistance? How much is the Urban Transformation rental assistance?
In order to receive rental assistance, an earthquake risk report must first be obtained for the building. The said rental support is 4500 TL per month for 18 months.
Urban Transformation Loan Features:
1) Interest support will be provided by the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change to the beneficiaries who will use credit within the scope of the said law. must be.
Risky area: It refers to the area that has the risk of causing loss of life and property due to the ground structure or the construction on it, determined by the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change or the Administration by taking the opinion of AFAD and decided by the Council of Ministers upon the proposal of the Ministry.
Risky structure: It refers to the structure that is inside or outside the risky area, has completed its economic life, or is at risk of collapse or severe damage, which is determined based on scientific and technical data.
2) The condition of benefiting from the aid and supports specified in the law is the evacuation of the building determined as a risky structure by agreement.
3) The maximum interest-supported loan amount to be extended to beneficiaries is 600.000.-TL. The total loan amount to be provided with interest support on behalf of the beneficiaries who own more than one independent section can be a maximum of 3.000.000.-TL in total, provided that it does not exceed 600.000.-TL for each independent section.
4) ) In Urban Transformation Housing Loans to be used by our Bank, an annual interest rate of 6% for standard houses, 6.5% for houses with class B energy efficiency certificate, and 7% for houses with class A energy efficiency certificates will be provided by the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change. . The Interest Support to be provided by the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change in Urban Transformation Workplace loans is 4.5% annually for standard individual workplaces, 5% for workplaces with Class B energy efficiency certificate, and 5.5% for workplaces with Class A energy efficiency certificate. will be.
5) The maximum maturity for interest-supported housing loans to be extended to beneficiaries is 10 years. 7 years in individual business loans.
6) Our customers who will use urban transformation loans can make their payments in equal installments or 12 months for finished housing (acquisition) loans and 24 months for construction loans with only interest payment.